Back windscreen wiper stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Back windscreen wiper stuck

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a 1.0 ecoFLEX S 5d 2012/61 (Corsa III (D) Ph2) and the rear window wiper has stopped working. When I start the car, there is a strange buzzing sound coming from it, similar to when you press the lever to use it while driving. The sounds lasts for about half a minute then stops. But the main thing is that it isn't moving or spraying out any water.

Does anyone know what might cause this and how it could be fixed please?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi welcome to the forum

Where exactly is the buzzing noise coming from? If its from the rear wiper motor itself in the tailgate the motor may need replacement .

If the noise is coming from the steering column area the problem is likely to be the switch. Particularly as you have no rear washer. They are both switched by moving the wiper stalk so a switch fault or short circuit could affect both .

Are front wipers and washers ok? The rear washer uses the same water bottle, pump and filter as the front. The rear washer switch runs the same pump backwards, using one way valves to pump to the rear screen. A blocked rear water jet is a possibility, but this seems too much of a coincidence . My bet is on a faulty switch .

If the switch is faulty you may need to replace the whole switch squib. Here is an example . 2009 VAUXHALL CORSA LIFE A/C 13142283 Combination Switch Wiper Indicator Stalk | eBay

If you do a google search on the part number GM13142283 you may find other suppliers..

But fitting involves removing the steering wheel so is not a simple diy job. It may even need to be coded to the car. You might want to have second opinion on what needs doing before going ahead.

Keep watching this space. Others might have a better idea. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Hello and many, many thanks for your reply, apologies for the delay in getting back in touch.

The buzzing noise is coming from the rear wiper motor itself.

The front wipers and washers are okay and working fine.

So, this would suggest the motor needs replacing, would that be right?

Comment

Not necessarily.

The motor may be faulty but it might also be a power supply problem that can be fixed without replacing the motor. A mechanic would probably first check the power supply to the motor with a multimeter to check for poor connections,resistance ,a faulty earth etc. Some dismantling may still be required before a diagnosis can be made

The fact the motor is making some noise suggests it is receiving at least some power and is attempting to run. But it may not be getting enough amps to run properly due to poor connections, faulty earthing etc.

The fact fact the rear washer pump is not running is still a concern. Components with poor electrical connections sometimes try to find the path of least resistance by 'stealing' from another circuit. The wiper motor may be 'stealing' from the washer pump circuit. This would not have enough amps to run the wiper on its own , but this would take as many amps as it can, leaving none for the washer pump. The steering column switch has electrical contacts for both in close proximity to each other and might still be the source of the problem if there is some short circuiting. But there is no point me speculating on this. Its something that might need some testing .

If you can hear the rear washer pump running then it may just be a blocked jet ,and a coincidence.

Sorry, I realise this is all a bit vague. Basically someone needs to run some tests with a multimeter. I always urge people to buy their own multimeter. They are not expensive (from about £7). and have many uses around the car and home .

Comment

Working...
        X