Gearbox/clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Gearbox/clutch

Hello guys! New here, i have a 2010 corsa 1.3 CDTI. I have a problem with my clutch and or gearbox resulting in loss of oil and gears becoming stiff. I have located the oil leak.

does anyone know what this hole is for?

Hi Welcome to the forum

It looks to me like its at the lowest point in the clutch bell housing. I think it might be a drain hole to allow any oil that MIGHT leak into the bell housing from the gearbox or engine to drip out here as a tell tale warning of the leak. If I m correct then any oil leaking from this hole might indicate a leaking oil seal from the gearbox, or the crankshaft seal on the engine.

But any leakage here might not be oil. It could be clutch hydraulic fluid. Leaking clutch hydraulics can also cause difficulties with gear changing.

But i'm not 100% sure. Others may know for sure.

Is this where you have found the leak?
    Last edited by Bugman; 30-08-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Yeah so oil/ hydraulic fluid is slightly leaking from this hole, but when I pump the clutch more fluid leaves making it seem that it could be a hydraulic leak between connections somewhere

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200830_133141.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	125387 If you are having trouble getting the car into gear
        its probably hydraulic fluid leaking from the part in the photos. Unfortunately the gearbox will have to be removed to change the hydraulic thrust bearing . Best to change all three parts while you have the gearbox off . ​ ​​​​​​​

Comment

Just an update. When you say loss of oil . Which oil do you mean ?

Comment

Hydraulic oil, hoping I don’t have to take the gearbox off

Comment

Hi you will definitely need to pull the gearbox out if its leaking on the inside joint . Maybe it's leaking just on the outside where it pokes out through the gearbox and is running down inside the gearbox.
              but I would of thought you could see it leaking there .

Comment

Working...
              X