Corsa engine change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa engine change

Hi all thanks for letting me join. I have a 58 plate corsa 1.3cdti that won't start. The garage has done all the usual work and still not got any results. I have got a written off 59 plate combi with the same engine is there anything else I need to change when I swap engines? Does the immobiliser work with the brain? Or would I need to swap the key chip /transponder thing on the steering column.
    Thanks randy

Hi Welcome to the forum. Engines are a straight swap, if same engine codes. Just put your ECU on the 59 plate engine and all will still be original, and work. If your ECU is bolted to the side of the battery tray. Then it's a straight swap. Before you swap the engines do you know why the engine won't start. It could be the ECU if it's the one bolted on top the engine. They suffer from water damage .

Comment

We have come to the conclusion that the timing chain is stretched. It starts with easy start and runs all day just won't start without it hot or cold. The ecu is bolted to the battery box. It's a great van if we can get passed the not starting issue. Thanks for the reply 👍

Comment

Working...
      X