Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Corsa dies instantly after starting

Hi folks.

I have an old (2005) Corsa c 1.2 eco thingy. Never had any problems with it until about 4 weeks ago when it just wouldn't start. I thought it might be the battery and as I am currently furloughed was in no rush to get a jump to try it but having tried that is obviously something else. The engine starts but dies instantly after a quick rev. I'm a bit skint due to my work situation so was hoping someone might know what's causing it and if it's not too big a job I could try and sort it myself. Checked the fuel pump fuse and relay and they are fine.

VID_20200427_172549.mp4 - Google Drive

Anyone any ideas?

Hi Welcome to the forum. It could be the crank sensor. Very common on the corsa. To change it , you need to get under the car. It's just under the starting motor, on the engine block. Held on by one bolt E 10. If you can't get the socket on the head of the bolt .I think a 8mm ring spanner will fit. Once you get the bolt out . You need to get a pair of mole grips on it and twist and pull it out . Check that the rubber seal comes out with it.

Comment

Try simply unplugging the afm meter. Free to try. Then restart. See it it runs (all be it in limp mode)

Comment

I still think it's the crankshaft sensor. If you watching the video. The Rev counter doesn't move. That tells me the crank sensor isn't sending a message to the ECU, that the engine is running.

Comment

Working...
        X