Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corsa 2011 SRI CDTI making rattling/tapping noise please help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Corsa 2011 SRI CDTI making rattling/tapping noise please help!!!!

I bought an 11 plate corsa sri diesel , was running fine then I noticed in a morning when I warm it up it’s making like a ticking noise on and off , it does do it sometimes when it’s warm but mainly when it’s cold. I had a look round and I thought it was the pulley on the aux belt cus it sounded around that area but replaced it last night tried this morning and same noise , I’ve recorded the noise and I’ll upload it , if anyone could have a listen, listen a couple times over as it’s only a short video you’ll here what I mean and I’m hoping someone might have an idea or similar problem? sounds a bit like when tappets go but it’s not tappets and it’s not water pump either. MANY THANKS the link is below it won’t let me upload it via page

Hi Welcome to the forum. It's difficult to hear from the video. But any rattling or ticking in that area is most likely to be the timing chain . Usually if you slightly increase the revs , which increases the oil pressure the noise goes away. That's all I can suggest without seeing or hearing the noise.

Comment

Does it make any difference if you put the air conditioning on? (or off if its already on. )

My thinking is the A/C compressor has a small clutch contained within its drive belt pulley wheel that freewheels when the A/C is off so the compressor is not turning. This might be rattling .But the rattle might stop when the clutch is engaged (electrically) to drive the compressor.
      Last edited by Bugman; 06-02-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, restorer this is the 1.7 cdti so its a timing belt not a chain. And that's a good shout cheers bugman will try this later!! ill send you a better video I got too cheers

Comment

Best of luck. I couldnt hear anything amiss tbh. Maybe move the camera between potential sources to see if there is any change in volume detectable. But beware of moving parts

Comment

Working...
          X