Inlet manifold wont come off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inlet manifold wont come off

Hiya lads and lasses, im a newby and im struggling getting my inlet manifold uncoupled from the head! Ive undone 4 torx across the top of the manifold and uncoulpled the metal pipe on the right hand side held with 2 torx but the barsteward still not budging! Have i missed some more fasteners anywhere and if so where are they? Thanks in advance and any photos of where all the fasteners would be appreciated

Hi Welcome to the forum

Sorry, I cant help directly as I have never removed one on a Corsa. But it may help the guys who will know ,and save time , if you tell us the age of car and engine type and size.

They may take a while before they can reply In the meantime you could google images of the underside of a removed manifold of the correct type to see if it gives any clues of bolts or bolt holes you may have missed

I did so briefly, and on a 4 cylinder engine it looks like there may be 4 bolts along the top plus two more bolts more centrally positioned just below them. The bolt heads may be hidden down deep 'tubes' possibly even blanked off or covered by something.

Comment

There are 6 bolts holding the inlet manifold on . If you look where you removed the bolts either side of the throttle body, there are two more bolts directly underneath them slightly hidden in a recess. Let us know how you get on .

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
        There are 6 bolts holding the inlet manifold on . If you look where you removed the bolts either side of the throttle body, there are two more bolts directly underneath them slightly hidden in a recess. Let us know how you get on .
        Thanks very much ill investigate today

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
          Hi Welcome to the forum

Sorry, I cant help directly as I have never removed one on a Corsa. But it may help the guys who will know ,and save time , if you tell us the age of car and engine type and size.

They may take a while before they can reply In the meantime you could google images of the underside of a removed manifold of the correct type to see if it gives any clues of bolts or bolt holes you may have missed

I did so briefly, and on a 4 cylinder engine it looks like there may be 4 bolts along the top plus two more bolts more centrally positioned just below them. The bolt heads may be hidden down deep 'tubes' possibly even blanked off or covered by something.
          Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post

Thanks very much ill investigate today
            Thanks for the advice its now sorted.

Comment

Working...
            X