Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa Rattle

Hi all,

Really need some help please. I have a 2009 Corsa. Its always made a bit of a rattle when starting up or leaving it for a few hours.

I recently had the chain done in August at a garage. Not sure if they used a genuine kit or not. My mistake.

Chain has started rattling again on start up I think. Car is doing my head in and gonna get rid of it in the next few months anyway.

Could hear chain going round when I was driving so I changed oil to 10w 40w semi. Rattle when driving has stopped. However, when cold it rattles like a bag of spanners. Never rattles any other time, and is very quiet at idle. No ticking just a dirty, heavy rattle on startup. If i take key out after it rattles and start it up again it has went away.

Rattle starts at about 10 seconds on this video. Apologies, for the sigh im new to this. Is that the chain rattling or is it tappets? Is it safe to drive? I use car to go to work and back.

it did rattle before but the chain was really loud at idle then. Ite very quiet now just start up has me worried.

Many thanks
Working...
X