O2 sensor woes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] O2 sensor woes again

Hi guys looking for some advice after having my wife's car in my local garage for 5 days.

An engine management light came on and the code was P0054 which I'm told is related to the o2 sensor under the engine. Not fancying it, I put it into the local garage who have never let me down. After 5 days they replaced the o2 sensor and some wiring after they said they found a break in one of the wires. I took it home last night and all was well, but it came back on this afternoon P0054 again. I know the sensor was an aftermarket one and the car is a 2013 corsa d 1.4 petrol. Any advice for anything else that can throw out this fault code will be much appreciated.

First of all, I am always very suspicious of aftermarket sensors - there have been far too many that either haven't worked properly in the first instance, or have had a very short life.
    Personally, I would always go for a genuine Vauxhall or Bosch sensor, remembering the old adage, 'Buy cheap, buy twice.'

One possibility (assuming that the new sensor is OK) - is that the fault code has been cleared and then the WRONG oxygen sensor has been changed (there are TWO of 'em) - The car was then OK for a while, then the same fault reoccurred, throwing up the same code again.

Suggest that you ask the garage to re check it for you.

Regards for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by walksall View Post
      First of all, I am always very suspicious of aftermarket sensors - there have been far too many that either haven't worked properly in the first instance, or have had a very short life.
      Personally, I would always go for a genuine Vauxhall or Bosch sensor, remembering the old adage, 'Buy cheap, buy twice.'

One possibility (assuming that the new sensor is OK) - is that the fault code has been cleared and then the WRONG oxygen sensor has been changed (there are TWO of 'em) - The car was then OK for a while, then the same fault reoccurred, throwing up the same code again.

Suggest that you ask the garage to re check it for you.

Regards for Christmas.
      Hi walksall, thank you for your reply.
      I will get the garage to change it over to a genuine Vauxhall sensor and ensure it is the correct part for the car.
      incidentally I changed the top sensor for an aftermarket one 4 months ago and it's been fine...should I replace that too?

Comment

I think that the old adage applies to your 'top' sensor, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X