No announcement yet.

Corsa D 1.2 16v Eco Tech !Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Corsa D 1.2 16v Eco Tech !Please help!

Hi everyone,
    I wonder if I could bend your ear for a little help. The mother in laws corsa has started to behave in an unexpected manner, no/poor acceleration from 2nd gear up (High load)/lumpy idle - the lumpy idle can be reset by on/off off the engine. The fault codes stored are "multiple misfire & misfire cyl 1&4)

Using normal thought process the following have been done/checked;
    • MAP checked with diagnostic - showing correct output (100Kpa on throttle, negative on release and approx 35 Kpa @ idle)
    • 1st O2 sensor changed (post Cat O2 sensor stuck but do not believe this is influential in fuel trim and only Cat health?)
    • Compression test carried out, all cylinders 14-16Bar
    • Coil pack and plugs renewed
    • MAP cleaned
    • Vacuum leaks checked for using Propane
    • Various parameters checked whilst driving using reader including O2 voltage V's fuel trim, seem to have a good consistent swing between them although its only representative, post cat O2 volts does not swing much at all and stays pretty flat line (Peaks slightly on lift off)
    After all of the above it was exactly the same ... However interestingly after swapping injectors around 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 the actual issue is still there but I can not get the engine management light to comeback on, this is probably coincidence mind.

The only outside factor is that the car was filled from a petrol can recently - Since then I have put 20 liters in. I can not see this being fuel starvation as surely this would have its own code?? coupled with that the O2 sensor would be sending continuous signal for enrichment? As for the injector swapping ... would two be blocked at the same time (1 & 4) after the fuel filter? would swapping them around not cause 2 & 3 misfire code to appear?

I am at the wits end and as it is my cash that I am throwing at this I do not wish to continue to replace parts without some factual basis.

Any help would be greatly received.

Many thanks in advance, Damian.

Welcome to the Forum.

From the way that you have gone about this, it is obvious that you know your way around the engine.

As you say, swapping the injectors should have moved the fault to the other two cylinders, but only if the injectors themselves were at fault.

When you checked for vacuum leaks, did you check back as far as the brake servo?

What were the actual fault codes?

I see that you say the compression pressures were between 14 & 16 Bar - Could the lower pressures have corresponded to the dodgy cylinders (1&4)?
    Have you checked the cam lobes are all in good order?
    Is the twin port 'shutter' free to move and working?

Can't come up with anything else at the moment.

Regards for Christmas

Comment

Working...
    X