Corsa fault codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] Corsa fault codes?

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the Corsa Forum I hope I get it all OK.
    My son bought his first car recently, a 2004 1.2 16 valve twin port Corsa. Engine code  Z12XEP. It has a very juddery clutch, its either in or out. However, apart from that there is the engine management symbol comes on all the time. We borrowed a diag. reader which gave us two faults ie, No 141 and 136. Can anyone tell us in layman terms what these mean please? I am of the old school of the carb. and points era, but we do all of our own maintenance( our other car is a Citroen C3 )
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Peter and James.

Welcome to the Forum.

It may be that you have two separate faults there.
    P 0141 probably refers to the FIRST Oxygen sensor - Before doing anything drastic, try unplugging the sensor, checking (and cleaning if necessary) the plug and socket, then reconnect.
    P 0136 may be down to the SECOND Oxygen sensor (the one underneath the car) You could try the above treatment, but also check the exhaust system for leaks, correcting as necessary.

If you do end up buying new sensor(s), avoid the cheap ones, as they are generally unreliable - I would recommend either genuine Vauxhall or Bosch.

If you Google 'Autovaux', you can buy genuine Vauxhall parts substantially cheaper than from your local dealership.

Do let us know how you go on.

Regards

Comment

Hi Walksall, thank you for the reply. We will try what you recommend and let you know how we get on.
      Cheers, Easy.

Comment

Working...
      X