X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Help before buying a Corsa

Hi,
    I'm new here.
    Thinking of buying a Manual 2012 Corsa D. I checked one today and pictured some stuff.
    Would like to get your opinion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gear Part.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	123429
    What is this part? this is part of the gearbox. It's a bit oily. What do you think?

Name:	Chasis 01 welding.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	123430
    This is under the bonnet. Does this "welding" marked is OK? It should be like that?

In the boot I saw this stage patches. Does it OK? Is that from the factory?

Name:	IMG_20190910_153541.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	123431Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190910_153550.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	123432Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190910_153602.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	123433Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190910_153913.jpg
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	123434

Thank you all!

I can identify the first picture, it is, as you say part of the gearbox, the bottom cover plate in fact.
    When you say that its a bit oily, if the oil on it looks clean, then there is probably an oil leak, but if it is coated with with 'dust' and oil, it probably is not serious.
    Suggest that you look round for oil actually running down onto this cover plate rather than leaking from between the plate and the gearbox itself, as that could indicate a more serious problem.

Can't help with picture number 2, as I haven't managed to identify the item.

Have a closer look at the boot, this could be sealant that has squeezed out between the joints, in which case it would be OK. It could also be rust, which will of course, need attention.
    Don't be afraid to lightly scrape it as part of your examination - If it is sealant, it may be pretty hard by now, but not flaky (as rust probably would be)

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by walksall View Post

Have a closer look at the boot, this could be sealant that has squeezed out between the joints, in which case it would be OK. It could also be rust, which will of course, need attention.
      Don't be afraid to lightly scrape it as part of your examination - If it is sealant, it may be pretty hard by now, but not flaky (as rust probably would be)

Regards
      My question is does this patches can indicate an accident? Or this came from factory?

Comment

The patches are suppose to be there. The panel is made like that on a press for strength. The second picture is looking up at the chassis leg on the front drivers side .and all looks normal.

Comment

Thank you guys. I bought the car.

Comment

Working...
          X