No announcement yet.

Corsa D idle control valve location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a never air intake body to put on going to see if that makes a difference

Comment

Car is running ok put on a new intake manifold

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it sorted. Presume the inlet manifold came with throttle body.

Comment

Yes it did going to put the throttle body on as well as the one that on some time it loses revs and have to turn it off then back on and it has revs

Comment

Car runs well now but if I put the heaters on it revs up turn off the heaters the car goes back to normal revs can you help

Comment

The only thing anything like this that I have come across previously, is when the air conditioning is turned 'on'. RPM may increase to maintain idle speed.
              Is there any chance that the air con is turned 'on' (it won't work 'till the heater fan is switched 'on') So if the air con IS turned 'on' already, the fact that you then turn 'on' the heater may be also turning 'on' the air con - other than that, I can't think why the heater should have any effect on engine speed - maybe someone else has a thought on this.

Regards

Comment

My car has not got air con just the nominal heaters

Comment

Can the brake vacuum pipe course the problem as when I put the bracks on the revs go down to 8000 take the bracks off the revs go up and if I put the heaters on the revs go up 

Comment

A vacuum leak will certainly alter the engine speed, BUT - applying the brakes would put UP the revs if (say) the brake servo diaphragm was leaking.

Rather than being a brake or vacuum fault, it seems to me that there is some sort of electrical problem - the clue being that the idle speed changes when the heater is switched 'on'.

Does this problem occur when any high (ish) current drawing item is switched 'on' - the rear screen demister for example?

You say that the revs go down to 800 RPM, what speed is the engine normally idling at?

Regards

Comment

Just over 1000 revs put foot on brack it gos to 900 1000 so is the problem with the heaters if I put the rear heaters on it gos up to 15000 2000 revs 

Comment

When itis running ok it's about 800 rpms 

Comment

Has the corsa D got voltage regulator in the alternator -

Comment

I'm not sure . If you look on Euro car parts site. Click on the Alternator. Then view item or details I think it says which ones have the built in Regulator. 

Comment

Ok  thanks 

Comment

Hi .I've just checked its GSF web site that tells you  which Alternator has the built in Regulator. 

Comment

Working...
                                X