Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Corsa D idle control valve location

corsa d 07 idle control valve where is it

It is built into the throttle motor. And can not be changed separately.

Comment

Hi can you help me my car revs.up but when I put my foot on the brack it goes to just under a 1000 revs

Comment

I dont understand this . You normally use your right foot for both the throttle and the brake pedals If you move it from the throttle to the brake its normal for revs to drop to idling speed - less than 1000rpm. Can you give more detail about the problem.

Comment

When you start the car up it revs up to about 2000 3000 revs if you put your foot on the brack pedal it goes down to 1000 revs but the car drivers ok no problem

Comment

Did you get my message about the fuel trims. And disconnect the battery?

Comment

No I did not get it

Comment

I think you need to get the fuel trims checked , to see what's going on. It could be the throttle body , vacuum leak. Does it drive ok once warmed up?
                something you could try is to disconnect the battery. Leave it for about 30 mins . And see if that reset the throttle body.

Comment

Once its warm up it is fine I will disconnect the battery tomorrow and see if that rest the body

Comment

Long term fuel bank 1 -7 short term fuel bank - 0

Comment

You will be very lucky indeed if disconnecting the battery has any effect at all - it used to work on older models, but I haven't had any success with that one for years now.

Regards

Comment

Can you help me with anything

Comment

I've had plenty of success, in disconnect the battery on a corsa D. It briefly sets the throttle body back to the default settings. If you don't touch the throttle pedal on start up. The fuel trims should be long 4 . Short trim switching from -3 to +5 is normal.

Comment

You could try buying a tin of 'Carb Cleaner' (Halfords or accessory shop)
                            I have the impression that you are not too familiar with the working of cars, so a Haynes Workshop Manual for you PRECISE model may help you.

The problem could be caused by one or more items, but the carb cleaner might help to both locate the problem and even rectify it.

With the engine idling, if you spray the cleaner around the inlet manifold and the throttle body, any change in engine speed would indicate a vacuum leak at that point.
                            Failing that, you could clean the inside of the throttle body with the cleaned (a small brush helps)

Upon starting the engine after cleaning the throttle body, there may well be quite a lot of smoke from the exhaust, but this will quickly clear.

If the above does not help, I would suggest that you have the fault codes read - you need special equipment for this, but you can buy a basic code reader quite cheaply.
                            It would be best to clear or delete any codes that show up, as they may be 'historic' and no longer apply.
                            Run the car for a couple of days and read the codes again - any that have returned, probably point to the problem.
                            Doing the above is much more cost effective that 'guessing' what might be the problem and then buying parts which may well not really be required.

If you don't fancy reading the codes yourself, a good garage will do it for you, but will probably charge for about an hours work.

Regards

Comment

I now a bit about cars we have no codes I will spray the throttle body and see if it that make a difference thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X