Z13DTJ oil/diesel leak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Z13DTJ oil/diesel leak?

I have a 2014 year Corsa D 1.3 CDTI (55kw). I have an oil/diesel(?) leak an it is covering some sort of connector (I couldn't find what it is). How serious is this? I guess it's leaking from a fuel pump above? What is the easiest test to see if it's oil or diesel?

Hi Welcome to the forum.

I've had a look on my own 2010 1.3 cdti but despite your excellent photos I cannot seem to find the same connector on my car or indeed that lifting eye. It may be there but I seem to have a lot more pipes and things in the way. I did find a nearby hydraulic fluid line which I assume is for the clutch slave cylinder. Which adds another possibility to what type of fluid may be leaking from somewhere. Your connector does seems to be an electrical connector from the wiring loom,but I dont know what it is.

You can sometimes tell what kind of oil/fluid is involved from smell . Diesel sold in the uk usually has a distinctive diesel smell but diesel sold in other countries may not smell much at all. But the leak has been there a long time and picked up road dust so any distinctive odour may have been lost. The best way to tell is to trace it to an obvious source.

Firstly I would check the hydraulic fluid reservoir is not low. If this is ok(and the oil level is ok) and there is no obvious sign of diesel fuel leaking in dangerous quantities into the engine compartment you probably have a bit of time to make further tests. (The fact there is heavy gritty crud suggests any leak is fairly slow. A major leak would tend to wash it away.)

If you intend taking the car to a mechanic its probably best to leave it as it is at it will help them trace the source. But if you plan a DIY repair I would , after looking for any obvious leaks from elsewhere thoroughly clean off that fitting using engine degreaser. Oil/diesel/fluid leaks tend to creep over a larger area from their immediate source over time. either by gravity, blown by air flow, or capillary action. With the fitting clean it will be easier to see where any new leakage actually originates, and the extent of leakage, which may be slight.

Comment

Took it to mechanic, it was the oil leaking, had the whole pump reworked with repair kit (all kinds of seals). The connection under the pump was to fuel pressure regulator. Paid 300 euros for parts and work.

Comment

Working...
      X