Corsa C idling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] Corsa C idling

My son has an older Corsa C 2001 and the engine has started to idle when stood. the timing is up and down as though it's going to cut out and every 20-30 seconds it makes a small click type noise. I read around check for rips in hoses and clean the idle control value and the throttle body. I checked the best I can for rips in the hoses but I can physically get under some. The engine looks like a VAUXHALL ASTRA MK4 / CORSA C 1.4L engine it looks like this:-

there is a small tear in the plastic protection to a pipe but i'm not sure of it's purpose:-

Any help would be greatly accepted.
    Last edited by maxtor154; 18-05-2019, 07:41 AM.

Hi Welcome to the forum.

I was a bit confused by your description ,but I think you mean the engine is 'hunting' . ie the speed when idling is fluctuating with occasional surges of speed You appear to be checking some of the causes of this such as loss of vacuum on air intake ,and throttle body. But there are other possibilities, such as spark plug faults, or a rich fuel air mixture .If you have not yet done so try google searching along the lines of ' reasons for engine hunting .'Even general ones not specifically related to the corsa can help.

Other members may have more expert knowledge and able to help further .

If you are unsure if a pipe joint is leaking you could try surrounding it with soap suds to see if there is any sucking or blowing movement. (but beware hot surfaces may affect them) The stripped pipe appears to be corrugated plastic trunking often now used instead of wrapping looms with tape. It should not in itself affect the joint, but suggests someone has been checking it for some reason. I dont know what that pipe/lead is or whether it could be relevant

Comment

Like Bugman, I can't identify the 'pipe', but must say also that it looks very much like electrical conduit - Maybe you could trace through and see what is on each end of it.
      It is a good idea to eliminate the possibility of vacuum leaks, but it might be a good idea to get any fault codes read to see if there are any faults showing up.

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X