Throttle Body diameter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa E] Throttle Body diameter

Hi guys! I'm Federico from Italy, and I own an "Opel" (i know you have Vauxhall here eheh) Corsa E 1.4 90hp LPG in Cosmo dressing... the most luxury one.
    Now... i made a challenge with myself, because when i brought this car i belived it was a little better than it reavealed to be... so i decided to make the little sporty supermini i wanted to have...
    To do this i'm planning a bunch of modifications, like Koni shock absorbers kit with H&R springs, new 17' wheels of O.Z Racing, the 150 Italia 4H, with 215/45 R17 tyres (Continental SportContact 2, because in Italy we have a lot of issues with omologations and i have to start with these), new Ragazzon Muffler and central tubes (unfortunatly i can't touch the exhaust manifold for law reasons), a new M32 gearbox, probably the one of Vectra C with 3.65 final ratio, Type 2.
    Now we arrive to the engine... i have on a K&N air filter, will buy new neodimium spark plugs, and i want to touch the throttle body... i saw that the 1.4 n/a has once with an OEM code, that is different respect the one of the 1.4 turbo with 150hp... does anybody what are the throttle body diameters of these 2 variants? The one with 90hp and the one with 150hp? If it fits, and the intake manifold is standardized to all the model (so i have not to buy also the one of the 150hp), it would help A LOT making the new map...
    I think we all know that in an natually aspirated engine, if we want to gain something, we have to work on intake and exhaust, no? eheh
    Thank you for everybody that will respond.

Federico

PS: I'm a member of Corsa Club Italy also, greetings from the Club!

Welcome to the Forum and greetings to Corsa Club Italy.

Unfortunately, I do not have the information that you require.

Here in the UK, it is possible to 'Google' for part numbers for Vauxhall cars, so I would expect that it is possible to do the same for 'Opel'.

The other option is to hope that someone has access to the two models that you require information for.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by walksall View Post
      Welcome to the Forum and greetings to Corsa Club Italy.

Unfortunately, I do not have the information that you require.

Here in the UK, it is possible to 'Google' for part numbers for Vauxhall cars, so I would expect that it is possible to do the same for 'Opel'.

The other option is to hope that someone has access to the two models that you require information for.

Regards
      Hi! And thank you for replying!
      I actually have the OEM codes of the two throttle bodyes, the problem is that when you search it, it doesn't give any information about them... just what vehicle they can fit...
      The Codes are respectivly: 1.4 90hp Throttle Body OEM Opel (0825008) OEM Opel/Vauxhall (55562270) - 1.4 150hp Throttle Body OEM Opel (0825016) OEM Opel/Vauxhall (55565489).
      It shares these parts also with Chevrolet and Buick because they're part of General Motors... i've not found anything at all about their diameter...

Comment

You could try quoting those part numbers to the Service Department at the Opel factory and asking them if they would be kind enough to measure the diameters for you.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by walksall View Post
          You could try quoting those part numbers to the Service Department at the Opel factory and asking them if they would be kind enough to measure the diameters for you.

Regards
          Mhh! Didn't thought that, i can try! Thank you.
          In case i obtain an answer, i will write the measures also here, might be useful for somebody... Thank you again!

Comment

How accurate do you need to be? If both bodies use the same basic moulding and mounting holes, but with a larger diameter throttle 'hole' you may be able to wok out the approximate size of the larger one from on- line photographs from fixed measurements common to both sizes.

For instance the fixed distance between mounting bolt holes,(distance A) compared to the distance from a bolt hole to the edge of the throttle opening.(distance B)

Measure these distances on the body you have. Then by putting a measuring rule against an on- line photo of the 150 bhp version and working out the relative differences between measurement A and measurement B for each size you should be able to work out the approximate diameter of the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
              How accurate do you need to be? If both bodies use the same basic moulding and mounting holes, but with a larger diameter throttle 'hole' you may be able to wok out the approximate size of the larger one from on- line photographs from fixed measurements common to both sizes.

For instance the fixed distance between mounting bolt holes,(distance A) compared to the distance from a bolt hole to the edge of the throttle opening.(distance B)

Measure these distances on the body you have. Then by putting a measuring rule against an on- line photo of the 150 bhp version and working out the relative differences between measurement A and measurement B for each size you should be able to work out the approximate diameter of the throttle.
              Hi!
              i've managed to meause my throttle body, the one of the 1.4 litre 90hp n/a, and it's 5cm wide... Now i could use this method you mentioned to find the other throttle body diameter, but it seems go be a lot tricky... I will try and i will give you a reply soon!

Comment

I may have made it sound too complicated.

Google GM 55565489 and view images. Adjust the size of a good photo so it is displayed on your computer screen at exactly 100% life size ( You may need to save the image and use a photo editor to do this)
                Try to use a photo with good resolution.If the pixels are too large when you increase the size it may affect accuracy. If your screen is too small for 100% you may be able to do it at 50% etc and adjust your measurements.

Then check the photo size is accurate by taking a measurement of something on your 90 hp body that should remain the same on a 150 hp one . ((eg the length of a side ,or the distance between bolt holes) Check this measurement is the same on the photo.

You then have an exact sized photo displayed and can measure the size of the throttle using a ruler against the screen .

Comment

Working...
                X