2005 Corsa 1.2 Twinport EGR valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] 2005 Corsa 1.2 Twinport EGR valve

If the gasket on the EGR valve fails is it possible for water to get into the cylinders, only when I start the car it misses for about 10 seconds then clears but condensation comes out the exhaust. When it gets hot and I turn off leave the car for about 20 mins the same thing happens. I can see water around the base of the EGR valve and the header tank is empty don't want to take head off if its not needed.

Regards

If the gasket seal leaks inside. It could leak coolant back into the exhaust . Because that how the EGR valve works . Recirculating exhaust gasses back into the inlet manifold being cooled by the coolant passing through it. First thing to do would be to change the gasket on the EGR valve. Be careful when trying to remove one of the torq bolts as it's a bit fiddly to get the socket on, and you could round the head off.
    let's us know how you get on.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for that, so does that mean water can get into the cylinders when the engine is turned off or that it just goes into the exhaust system. I am wondering if the head gasket has gone?
      Regards

Comment

Just into the exhaust system. When you start up white smoke to start with, then should clear .

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
          X