Corsa 1.3 cdti 55 plate compression

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] Corsa 1.3 cdti 55 plate compression

Hi guys . I been looking up the compression per cylinder in psi and is it correct i should be getting a reading of 400 psi per cylinder .

Specs are : 1800kpa 261psi

Comment

When I do it there normally around 220/230 psi .

Comment

Just realised it's a Diesel. So would be slightly higher. As Tommy said. But a rule of thumb is that they should all be around the same .

Comment

Thanks guys . Its about right number 4 slightly down . Had timing chain snap i found out garage put new chain on . No engine management or codes showing wont rev over 3 though when warm fine cold . Using a lot of diesel and white smoke any ideas what look at im thinking valves on no4

Comment

I think that it all depends one what 'slightly down' means - all cylinders should be (in English!) within about 20-22 p.s.i. of each other.
            If a valve is not seating - then it's not seating, so it shouldn't make a lot of difference from cold to hot, although there is a chance that, if the valve is only slightly bent and maybe the valve guide is slightly warn, then the valve MIGHT not seat fully when hot. If you can check that number four compression pressure both hot and cold, you might get a better idea.

White smoke generally indicates water in the exhaust. This can be a simple matter of condensation, either in the engine itself, or in the exhaust system.
            If the coolant level keeps falling, then it may be coolant that is causing the white smoke. Coolant can enter the cylinders due to a failed head gasket, or to a crack in the metal, another possibility is the EGR valve.
            If the coolant level is NOT falling and the white smoke clears after a decent run (when any condensation has vapourised) then the problem is likely to be down to condensation.

Its a bit odd that there are no fault codes, but some faults don't throw up a code anyway.

In cold weather, you can sometimes have white exhaust smoke whilst cranking, this could be accompanied by a strong smell of Diesel fuel at the exhaust tail pipe - this would be especially noticeable if the pre-heating system was not working correctly.

Too much fuel (or too little air) generally produces black exhaust smoke.

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X