Auto box oil change.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Auto box oil change.

I have a 2010 1,4 SE automatic. cant find any mention for changing the oil in the gearbox, it has done 77k miles and I wondered if there is any advice about this.? Any thoughts on this. please.?

Originally posted by moby View Post
    I have a 2010 1,4 SE automatic. cant find any mention for changing the oil in the gearbox, it has done 77k miles and I wondered if there is any advice about this.? Any thoughts on this. please.?
    This is a proper full automatic (, not the difficult and awkward easytronic) there is no set recommendation for changing this autobox fluid unless it is used in extreme conditions,but at this mileage it would be good to do so, it is 3.3 litres in capacity,when draining (as per other post on this),you will only get out two and a half out as the rest stays in the torque converter and pipes. simple way is to drain out what you can, and put back in same amount, to avoid overfilling which is a commom mistake.to make. To change it fully you would need to do it 2/3 times ,giving it a day or so to distribute round again,but most people do it the once as even this will benifit it .You dont have to use Vauxhall trans: fluid as long as its DEXTRON3/4 spec.

Comment

OK, thanks for that, will do it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X