Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Cold start RPM dropping

Corsa Cold Start Problem - YouTube

It's been doing this a while but with the temperature dropping now it's got a lot worse. When I start my car in the morning the RPMs jump around like crazy, sometimes sounding like its going to stall. Is there anything I can check to fix this problem? It doesn't happen when I start the engine if it's warm, only on a cold start and the engine runs completely fine once it's warmed up.

Car is 2012 Corsa D limited edition

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by Murderaffe; 27-01-2019, 07:58 PM.

You could try changing the coolant temperature sender .

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
      You could try changing the coolant temperature sender .
      Just ordered one online, seeing as they are only 10, seems worth it just to try, Thank you, will update

Comment

You could try unplugging the maf sensor before starting the car and see if it stops the problem. Quick cheap test.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyLT View Post
          You could try unplugging the maf sensor before starting the car and see if it stops the problem. Quick cheap test.
          Ive tried this, doesn't seem to be the problem. I got my replacement coolant sensor too, replaced it and topped up the coolant, problem is still there.

Something I have noticed is that the engine sounds almost like its struggling to breathe when its just running, while the RPMs will remain constant, the engine sounds like they aren't. I have a feeling i'm going to have to take it to the garage to get it looked at because i'm running out of ideas, even took the throttle body off and cleaned it.

Comment

Took the blow and took it to the garage, turned out to be the MAP sensor.

Comment

Glad you're sorted and thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
              X