No announcement yet.

2005 corsa c 1.2 twinport tick over is uneven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you buy the Draper valve spring compressor ,you need to grind down the outer diameter on the small one.

Comment

Hi, Many thanks for all your help hope this solves the problem
      Regards

Comment

You will probably find a suitable valve spring compressor online, but some years ago I made a simple one which allowed me to have both hands free, and was quick to operate.

It consisted of a length of flat steel about three feet and a half long, this was hinged to the garage wall, hinged to that was another smaller flat strip, with two rods and a washer welded to the end, the washer engaging with the valve spring cap. The three foot 1/2 foot flat strip had a hole drilled in the end, to which was attached a length of cord with a loop in the lower end.

To operate, the cylinder head was placed on the bench under the 'device' (with a suitable block of wood under it to prevent the valves from opening) - the washer was positioned over the valve spring cap, and my foot placed in the looped cord. Downward foot pressure then compressed the spring to whatever degree was required in order to remove/replace the split valve collets.

Regards

Comment

Hi, many thanks for the info.

Comment

Hi, corsa 1.2 twinport tickover is low about 500 rpm and uneven is this the norm, also could the no2 lambda sensor be the fault

Comment

Working...
            X