Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Ringing noise in engine

Hi everyone
    Just joined the site , hav recently bought a 13 plate sxi corsa from a well know car dealer, On getting it home i noticed a ringing noise coming from the engine , Took it back to the dealership the next day who said the would get it fixed , first they changed the water pump, then the alternator tension cable , was eventually told it was definetly the camshaft cover.
    so after 3 weeks I get the car back and the whistling noise is still a there although much quieter , this noise only happens when the engine is warm.
    what is really concerning me is why cant you they diagnos this , its a used car with a forty day warranty, Is this simething serious that there trying to bluff there way out off , anyone hqve a idea what this could be ?

It's difficult without hearing the noise. Is it petrol?
    some posters have put a youtube clip on here with the noise they have . I can't see a camshaft cover will make a noise. If it was me I would take the auxiliary belt off and see if the noise disappears.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.
      As said above, it is very difficult to come up with an answer without hearing it - is there a chance that you could video it ant repost ?
      You are right to be suspicious of car dealers, well known or not. You could try contacting the previous owner to see if he/she can throw any light on the problem.
      Failing that, and within your forty days warranty, it might pay to have an independent opinion (AA or RAC maybe).
      Regards

Comment

Working...
      X