Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] engine revs

hi

I have a corsa 2009 design 5 doors petrol.
    my engine used to sound normal but since I've taken few trips on the motorway from Leeds to London I noticed the sound of the engine has changed.
    it sound like the engine revs more than normal.

I have attached a sound file so you can hear what I'm talking about.

I took it to a. mechanic but he said the car was fine but I know. my car amd I know it didn't make that noise before.

anyway listen to it and let me k ow what you think.

Here is the link to the sound file

I hosted in on my personal site

Nutrition N Fitness — Coming Soon

Thanks guys

Hi
    Its difficult to tell from a sound file. It may be the engine ,or one of its ancilliaries such as alternator, aircon etc is making more noise than it did for some reason, and you have interpreted this as more revs.

But if when driving along in gear you press the accelerator and revs actually rise ,as shown on the rev counter, but there is no immediate equivalent rise in road speed its possible the clutch is slipping. This could be due to a worn clutch, or an oil leak contaminating the clutch linings.. Its also possible you have subconciously got into the habit of resting your foot on the clutch pedal.

If you suspect it may be the clutch slipping, chose somewhere safe, and try driving off with the handbrake on hard. If the clutch is in good condition the car will probably stall. If with the car in gear and the car stationary the engine manages to keep running for a while without stalling it points towards clutch problems. A mechanic will be able to check further.

Comment

Like Bugman, I can't really hear the 'second' sound of the engine.
      Another possibility, is that there is a leak in the exhaust system (although I couldn't hear that either) - If, with the engine idling, you hold a pad of cloth over the exhaust outlet, you may be able to hear any 'blowing'.

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X