Vauxhall Elegance battery problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Vauxhall Elegance battery problems

I have an old (2001) Elegance which has a continual flat battery of late. I have been told by the garage that I don't use the car enough. They have fitted a more robust battery and I last used it 7 days ago but now its as dead as a door nail! Next to the battery (right) there is a covered part (about 6 x 9 inches) which is emitting a continual clicking sound. Can anyone tell what this part is as I cannot find online. I am still convinced that there is a problem other than lack of use. I have had this car for about eight years and it has been very good. I am house moving so need the car and also reluctant to give up on it. I have a feeling that garages are not keen to work on older cars.

That doesn't sound right, with a new battery you should be fine to leave it a week without issue. Can you post a photo of where the clicking noise is coming from? I'd bet that's the real problem if it happens when the car isn't running.

Comment

Thanks.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Comment

Thank you very much. I have contacted a local garage who are visiting. His thoughts are the same as yours. I will post a follow up and again many thanks.

Comment

That box to the right on the battery, is in fact the Body Control Module (B C M) The actual fuse and relay box is nearer the front of the car, and on the same side.
            The purpose of the B C M, as its name implies, is to deal with all of the body electrics (as opposed to engine/transmission electrics).
            By any chance, have you had any problems with rainwater entering the passenger side foot well? I ask this, as there is a known problem with water leaking into the B C M and flowing through it to the inside of the car.
            If you haven't had any rainwater ingress, I would suggest that,rather than take the top off of the B C M (risking actually causing a water leak) you check around the car for any electrical unit that is failing to work, as the problem could well be OUTSIDE of the B C M.
            You could also try pulling fuses, one at a time until the ticking stops, then find what circuit the fuse that you have drawn is feeding.
            If you do have to remove the top from the B C M, it is a good idea to fit a new top and new screws, making sure that the water seal is fitting well.

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X