2011 Vauxhall Corsa Sri Air Conditioning Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] 2011 Vauxhall Corsa Sri Air Conditioning Broken

I've had a problem where sometimes I'll start the car engine will make some ridiculous loud high pitched noises, took it to the garage today and there's a hole in the air conditioning compressor.

I've been told I'll need a new compressor, condenser, pipes etc. And its going to cost about 1000-1500. I don't fancy paying that as I don't even use the air con but was told I'd need to get it changed as it runs on the timing belt and could cause damage to the engine if left.

I was told to look for a shorter belt so the air con wouldn't be running on it and I could just not bother repairing it but can't find any info on it.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, and any info or advice is much appreciated.

I completely removed the aircon from my old Corsa by doing exactly as you mentioned, however it was a 1998 model so possibly less complex than yours.
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
      I completely removed the aircon from my old Corsa by doing exactly as you mentioned, however it was a 1998 model so possibly less complex than yours.
      Yeah, I've saw a lot of people online saying to run a shorter belt but I can't find anything online about them.

Comment

Working...
      X