Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Cutting out

Hi all,
    really need some help with corsa i just bought...its 1.2 petrol 2003 ... it loses power and cuts out each time after driving for 20 min and then restarts after short while...engine management light comes on and oil light...car loses power and cuts out at low idle, unless keep reving and wont get above 2nd gear...so i took to garage and they said different codes suggested might be air flow monitor or coil pack so they changed air flow...this didnt make any difference and it cut out after 20 min driving...only difference was car ran better after restarting ..ran well for about 10 min again before losing power ...this kept repeating until got home
    On second visit to garage they changed coil pack...again after 20 min driving same thing happened...but this time car ran better after restarting...
    i cant afford to take car back to garage third time so did the foot on pedals fault code trick and got codes for 0300, 0301, 0302 cylinder misfire detected...so checked plugs and two looked brown glazed so changed plugs and it ran well...for 20 min!...then oil light started flashing on at low gear (1st, 2nd) and EPS light came on and car just cut out as was reversing back up drive fortunately...read codes again and says same as before...car wouldnt restart so pushed on drive...an hour later it started first time...i havent checked oil level since but garage mentioned was slight leak...does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
    thanks
    richard

I say the crank sensor very common on the corsa.
    and it doesn't show a code until it completely stops working.
    it gets hot stops sending a message to each cylinder.
    then cools down and starts working again.

Comment

Thanks for your reply...i will get one and see if helps

Comment

Unfortunately it hasnt helped...i changed the switch and car started but after 5 min ticking over it started to rev up slightly and then drop down, rev up and then drop down continuously...when i tried to drive it, it died and wouldnt restart...
        this car is a nightmare!...is there anything else i can try otherwise i will have to scrap...and spent quite a bit on it now so really want to try and find the problem...can anyone help ???

Comment

How did you change the crankshaft sensor did you jack the car up and get right underneath at the back buy the starting motor.

Comment

Yes, put it on axle stands and went under...it didnt want to come out but did eventually..rubber ring was stopping it i think as was half way down the sensor

Comment

Yeah that's it , was checking you changed the right one.
              you could try a relearn, by disconnecting the battery for 20 mins then reconnect the battery and start the car without touching the throttle pedal. It could fix it for a while, then come back. But give it a try

Comment

Okay will try that..thanks for your help

Comment

That seems to have done the trick ...only issue now is that oil light comes on when go into 1st gear and then goes out when speed up...it is leaking a small amount of oil but i topped it up so its not due to low level...is it something to do with pressure?
                  cheers for the help so far

Comment

Glad it worked. But it could only be a temporary fix as some of these electrical faults will come back on.
                    fingers crossed it will be ok.
                    your oil pressure problem is going to be one of two things. Oil pressure switch nice and easy to replace. Or the main or Big ends shells have worng .and are not holding pressure on idle or when you're slowing down.
                    if it's the latter it's probably just have to live with it, as it's quite expensive to repair. Could be the oil pump as well but it always seems to be the first two I mentioned .

Comment

I will try switch...Do you think it could be filter?

Comment

You could try it . But I don't think it's going to fix it unless it hasn't been changed for years .

Comment

I replaced switch .. light only comes on now when stopped, before was coming on when slowed down as well...but still comes on so guess its big end shells worn as you mentioned...i havent changed filter but sounds like it might not help...although i dont know when was last changed so maybe should try

Comment

I also wondered if this might help...'oil booster such as "Wynn's" or changing oil to a thicker viscosity brand'.
                            The previous owner had used flushing oil but i have read this can cause problems

Comment

Yep don't use a flushing oil or wynns , it will make it worse.
                              I used to run a corsa on 10/40 in the summer. It used to take longer for the oil light to come on, but still came on when idling for a long time .

Comment

Working...
                              X