Clanking sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B] Clanking sound

Hi , I have just bought a 1997 corsa 1.2 gls , it has quite a large clanking sound coming from the rear every time I go over a large bump especially a sleeping policeman .
    Also there is no heater control or rear window heater panel lights , are they all on the same fuse circuit or is it because all the bulbs have blown ?
    Thanks for any advice on these matters, Ken .

Might be worth checking the exhaust mounts, on older cars I've had the little rubber bits that hold the exhaust in place sometimes seem to break and that can cause some noise over bumps
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Hi jt 999 , thanks for your reply , you are right i changed the two rubber hangers at the rear of the exhaust and that helped a lot ,i thought there was three hangers with one being up by the engine but i cant see onethere ?
      do you know if the rear window heater and heater lights are on the same fuse circuit or is it likely that all the bulbs would have blown ? cheers Ken.

Comment

If I recall correctly (it's been quite some time since I had my Corsa B!) there are 2 or 3 bulbs behind the lights on the dash, they're probably just blown - I replaced mine with LEDs when I had it

Here is a fuse listing for the B, it looks like you'd have no radio if the fuse was gone, but perhaps I'm reading it wrong: Corsa B Fuse Listing (From Haynes Manual) - TheCorsa.co.uk Forums

In regards to the hangers, I think 2 is correct by the back box - the rest is rigid enough to support itself I imagine

Comment

Hi brilliant thanks for your help,can I pick your brains on one more matter , did you ever have a problem of a petrol smell lingering after fuelling?
          I canít see any leaks or dripping etc ,just the smell of petrol .

Comment

Not that I recall, although it's often on your hands after fueling I find as the pumps seem to always somehow have some on them - could be that?

Comment

Hi , thanks again for your reply , no its not on my mhands you can smell it as you approach the car and inside too .

Comment

Maybe or maybe not, but on a few cars where I've smelt petrol in the cabin, it's usually been a breather pipe being unplugged. Worth a look?
                Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Cheers Michael will check it out when i find it .

Comment

It'll be the pipe coming off the rocker cover (if it is that!!!) About the width of a 1p
                    Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Cheers will check it out tomorrow

Comment

Could be the filler pipe where you put the petrol in . Stick your head under the car at the back . The tank or the neck can rust through or a clamp has rusted on the fuel filter.
                        or as someone as suggested the pipes coming of the rocker cover.
                        which ever it is the smell should get stronger the closest you get to it.

Comment

Thanks Restorer will take a look , iy does smell stronger from the back of the car

Comment

You could pull up the back seat just to check the top of the tank too. It's pretty easy to get to.

With regards to the heater console lights, they're notorious for popping. I ended up just leaving mine after they kept going when I owned a Corsa B.
                            They're easy enough to replace though if you do choose to.
                            Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Thanks Lee , appreciate the help

Comment

Working...
                              X