No announcement yet.

Vauxhall Corsa Eco overheating problem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Corsa Eco overheating problem!

Hi all,

Please could someone help me as my sister has a Vauxhall Corsa Eco & it keeps overheating & it is literally driving her insane!

The thermostat light keeps coming on (it has had 2 new thermostats & a new head gasket) & cold air keeps blowing out when it should be warm & the water in the radiator keeps bubbling hot.

Has anyone else had similar issues that they've managed to fix as her mechanic is at his wits end & now thinks that the heater is blocked?

Many thanks for any suggestions

Mark

All those symptoms you have described are all related to the headgasket.
    when your mechanic changed the headgasket did he get the head skimmed and pressure tested .
    the cylinder head on the corsa's easily warp when they over heat. So you just cant change the headgasket alone. Unfortunately Vauxhall decided to remove the temperature gauge, so gives you no warning that it's going to over heat

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
      All those symptoms you have described are all related to the headgasket.
      when your mechanic changed the headgasket did he get the head skimmed and pressure tested .
      the cylinder head on the corsa's easily warp when they over heat. So you just cant change the headgasket alone. Unfortunately Vauxhall decided to remove the temperature gauge, so gives you no warning that it's going to over heat
      Thanks for your reply Restorer!

I'm assuming that my sisters mechanic HASN'T had the head skimmed & pressure tested so does she need a new cylinder head?

I've passed on your suggestions & will let you know how she gets on!

Cheers

Mark

Comment

No just need to remove the cylinder head again and get it skimmed if it passes the pressure test.
        most corsa cylinder heads don't crack, but I've had one that did so a pressure test is always aadvisable.
        and when the cylinder head is skimmed you know it's perfectly flat and will seal on to the headgasket.

Comment

Will a cylinder head fix my overheating 07 corsa D 1.2

Comment

What are your system? ie loosing coolant. Coolant mixing with oil poor idling.
            Last edited by Restorer; 13-05-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

There could be quite a few reasons why your Corsa is overheating blz4009, so you need to provide some more information as Restorer has already said. One thing is for sure, if you run the car with low coolant level, it WILL warp the head.
              Does it overheat when driving, or just when idling? Can you hear the fan 'cutting in' when it does overheat? Is there any obstruction to the air flow through the radiator? Does the heater get hot? (when turned to 'hot' of course)
              Any other information will help with a more accurate diagnosis of your problem.
              Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
                No just need to remove the cylinder head again and get it skimmed if it passes the pressure test.
                most corsa cylinder heads don't crack, but I've had one that did so a pressure test is always aadvisable.
                and when the cylinder head is skimmed you know it's perfectly flat and will seal on to the headgasket.
                Hi Restorer,

My sister said her mechanic HAS done a pressure test & skimmed the cylinder head.

She drove to work this morning (20 miles) with no problems then about 5 miles from home on the way back,the thermostat light came on again so she pulled over.When she set off again,the heater was blowing hot,then cold & hot again???

She just doesn't know what to do next & neither does the mechanic.

Comment

Could be air in the system, needs bleeding out.
                  A good indication when the car is hot , that both heater hoses going through the bulkhead should be hot.
                  is the car loosing any coolant?

Comment

Also was the water pump and thermostat changed ?
                    when the headgasket was done.

Comment

It is all too easy with these engines, to fill the cooling system too quickly - in fact filling them slowly can be too quick !!
                      To be certain that there isn't air trapped in the cooling system whilst filling, you have to almost DRIBBLE the coolant into the system.
                      Incidentally, with any cooling system, to avoid having coolant 'left over' (meaning that the coolant that you have managed to get in there may be too weak) I always make a practice of putting the coolant in NEAT, and then topping up with water - any left over then will be just water.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                      X