Slight starting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Slight starting issue

I go for the crank sensor, quite common on the corsa .

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
      I go for the crank sensor, quite common on the corsa .
      Thanks, I just thought if it was a sensor it would happen most of the time rather than 1 in about 20.

Comment

There may indeed be a sensor problem but dont forget the basics. When was it last fully serviced? Modern cars can run so well that interim servicing might be little more than an oil and filter change. If the spark plugs have seen better days ,or coil pack/plug leads a bit corroded or battery not 100% due to stop start use,or old age, etc it might reach a twilight zone where its a bit iffy on starting, but run well enough when it does start.

Comment

I'm only giving you my opinion based on my experience.
          that's how the crankshaft sensor first starts to shows its self as a fault.
          good luck.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Car is regularly serviced (oil&filter) but not sure when spark plugs or coil pack were last changed. It has had a brand new battery 5 months ago.

Would a OBD reader show a fault code? Or would you say it’s unknown whether it will?

Comment

If the EML isn't on no codes will show up .
              the crankshaft sensor usually doesn't show up as a fault code until it dies .

Comment

Originally posted by Restorer View Post
                If the EML isn't on no codes will show up .
                the crankshaft sensor usually doesn't show up as a fault code until it dies .
                Ok, thanks for the info!

Comment

Hopefully you will be able to fix it with a crankshaft sensor.

But it might be worth checking out the thread from Whippyice on 13 April 2018 . The problem here was badly corroded spark plug connectors. Even the best sensors and ecu controls have their limits if there is a 'hardware' problem. If you dont know when the spark plugs were last changed its a good idea to at least check their condition,if not replace them.

Corsa D Judders on idle and judders during building up rev's - TheCorsa.co.uk Forums
                  Last edited by jt999; 25-04-2018, 11:35 AM. Reason: Added links

Comment

Working...
                  X