X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa 2013 Tyres

I have a Corsa 13reg, 1,4 sx
    I am just about to order a pair of tyres, when I noticed they are XL rated
    I appreciate they are extra load rated, but do they look any different to a normal tyre
    Will it be OK to put them on the front of my car ?

Originally posted by bures View Post
    I have a Corsa 13reg, 1,4 sx
    I am just about to order a pair of tyres, when I noticed they are XL rated
    I appreciate they are extra load rated, but do they look any different to a normal tyre
    Will it be OK to put them on the front of my car ?
    They're reinforced and usually for heavier cars (harder to puncture on impact I think, so could be handy with the way our roads are!), but I don't see why they can't be used. Do you know the brand/model of the tyre? It might be good to check how grippy they are, I imagine you're also paying a premium to have the XL compared to normal tyres so might be cheaper alternatives out there that are more suitable.

Comment

See the enc advert These have the best spec in this price range The price is very competitive
      Attached Files

Comment

I've never even heard of that brand.
        I'd much rather get some mid range tyres from a brand I know.
        Have you had a look at Uniroyal Rainsports? They aren't that much more for the size you're after.
        Failing that, Nankang have come a long way now. A lot of people I know use them for track tyres (NS2-R).
        There's a good model they do, the NS-2, have a look at them.

Also, check Demon Tweaks, Camskill and Black circle for the tyres
        Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Comment

Runway - quotes on the advert:- "five technology centres worldwide including the UK" I can only assume as you don mention not fitting XL tyres that Ok then

Comment

XL tyres will look the same. They may have slightly more reinforcement that could make them sightly stiffer. This could affect things like fuel economy, noise, grip, tread wear etc, but not necessarily in a bad way.
              All these things change anyway when you fit a different brand to what you already have. The only fair comparison is against a non xl version of the same tyre, and Runway may not even make one.The design and construction of the tyre may meet xl rating anyway. Lots of tyres sold are xl rated, and not necessarily more expensive. It depends on the deal the supplier gets.

Runway are a Chinese brand. Thats not necessarily a bad thing. Many well known 'european' brands are not made in the country you might have expected, or even in the far east, and some far eastern brands are actually made in Europe.
              Normally with a budget brand you get what you pay for. But sometimes they may be performing well above their price band and be an absolute bargain.Equally some well known long established brands may be over priced and you are paying for a reputation ,advertisng etc that is not deserved. I dont particularly like the pirellis on my yaris or the continentals on my corsa. Possibly because they are 'eco' tyres with a higher silicone content.

I'd say checking the reviews is more important than whether its xl rated. And you can sometimes get a much better tyre for not much more money.

Comment

Originally posted by bures View Post
                Runway - quotes on the advert:- "five technology centres worldwide including the UK" I can only assume as you don mention not fitting XL tyres that Ok then
                I can't see any reason not to have XL tyres, if you're happy with the brand and the price then I'd say you'll be fine

Comment

Working...
                X