help with head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] help with head unit

hi guys so iv been pulling my hair out today...I recently bought a sony wx900bt head unit from a friend I have the harness and trim surround and I'm going to wire it up using a piggy back fuse thingy :/.... my question is this...which fuse in the glove box should I double up on...also the fuse for the standard cd30 is 20amp but the wx900bt is 10 amp...I had it wired to the courtesy light fuse but that would mean the headunit stays on for a while after the car is locked etc...id ideally like a ignition switched fuse...sorry if this makes no sense my head is fried atm :/....

thanks for any help you guys can give me

If you're using a piggy back fuse you could try piggy backing off of the audio unit fuse (it looks like fuse 3 according to this: Fuse box Opel/Vauxhall Corsa D), I'd assume that turns on and off with the car.

Failing that perhaps try fuse 13 which is apparently heated steering wheel. I'd personally avoid piggy backing anything important (electric power steering for example).

Worth checking the fuse layout on that site matches yours, it might just take a bit of trial and error!
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Working...
    X