Badly dented sill on the Vivaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Non Corsa] Badly dented sill on the Vivaro

Had a bit of a disagreement with a bollard yesterday and it's put a pretty hefty dent into the sill below the passenger door. Don't really want to leave it as it is because it looks tatty, but don't fancy bodging it with filler too. Any thoughts on the best way to deal with this without spending too much? Cheers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160912_172438.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	111657
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	111658
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

I've been thinking but I can't see a cheap fix if you're worried about it. To do it properly really needs that cutting out and repair panel welding into place. Are you going to replace the missing trim off the door as well?

I think what I'd do would be to replace the door trim and then paint the lower sill with textured ant-stone chip paint. It'll make that dent pretty hard to spot. The black will blend in with the plastic trim so it won't really be noticeable.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I've still got the plastic trim so that can go back on. There's a gap under the door now as the sills actually bent inwards so ideally I'd like some way of closing this gap. I'm going to take the door card off too and try and push the door out to rectify that dent as best I can.
      Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Big hammers... How is the self employment going?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty good thanks Danny. Not quite earning anywhere near what I used to but I'm getting far better paid when I am actually working. My work/life balance has completely tipped towards life now so I'm really content.

Back to the sill, could I just go it myself with a pull hammer?

Comment

Probably not, my friend has one of those machines that welds pins on then you use a slide hammer, we tried to use it on my e36 it looked pants after so we filled it with body filler. That's just my experience you might be better but we couldn't do it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

A pull hammer won't get that kind of crease out very effectively. You'd distort as much as you pulled out.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I'll just sort the door then and maybe get some quotes for the sill.

Comment

Is the box section completely sealed? If you can get access into the box section from a cut out or something you might be able to push out some of the dent from the inside using a suitably shaped bar, either by leverage or hammering. Probably not much hope of access and at best it may just reduce the amount of filler needed.

Comment

Now the power steering pump has fallen apart. Just waiting on a price from the garage to replace it.

Comment

You're not having much luck at the moment. I guess it's the downside of the mechanicals being basically French.

Comment

Comment

Cheaper to mod an old Corsa

Comment

Unfortunately an old Corsa won't fit all my tools in

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                              Unfortunately an old Corsa won't fit all my tools in
                              But will a new one
                              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Working...
                              X