Poor radio signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Poor radio signal

Could anyone please tell me a way of making my radio any better on 2010 1.3 cdti?
    Even when tuned into my local stations it keeps breaking up. Could I get some kind of booster? I have had stereo out and it's all connected ok.

Have you checked your roof aerial? I recently had poor reception in 2010 1.3cdti and only noticed later that the valet parking people had unscrewed the aerial and left it in the car. It unscrews on a brass thread. You might get poor reception if this thread is dirty or corroded. While its unscrewed you could also experiment by temporarily substituting something else, such as the ubiquitous wire coat hanger to see if this improves reception. Not suggesting it stays like that but it might point you in the right direction.

Comment

Ok cheers mate. The ariel is on. I'll take it off and have a look at the threads and clean them up.

Comment

Another thought. If when you unscrew the aerial does the reception get worse? If there is no change it points to a problem with the aerial. Its either faulty, not connected up cleanly and properly or its not making a good contact with the car body.

Comment

Ok mate thanks. I'll investigate after work. Cheers

Comment

Quick update
            Unscrewed ariel, looks nice and clean. Moved car to area where I lost station. Screwed ariel back on and signal returned nice an clear. Still keeps loosing signal whilst driving around.

Comment

Sounds like its doing its job then. At least while the car is stationary. Only thing I can suggest is manipulating the roof aerial by hand with the radio on to see if signal fluctuates, and if you can do so with the radio still on do the same where the aerial plugs in. Also check the radio power connection and earthing are sound.

Anything more is beyond my knowledge. Sorry

Comment

Thanks I'll take a look

Comment

Further thoughts. Was it ok before, but not now or are you comparing it with another car? You cant compare one car receiving the Archers on a strong national transmission with another tuned into a distant local station.Its quite normal to lose fm signals over a distance ,or if you go into valleys,behind buildings etc. And paradoxically a radio with good reception may be better at picking up weaker signals from more distant transmitters that are more likely to be lost with even a small change in location. Is there a genuine problem or are you trying to use stations too weak for the distances you are driving.
                  Sorry if you have already thought of this but it may help others.

Comment

Hi
                    I've recently purchased the car and it as been a problem from the word go. Local stations that I have never had a problem with in other cars are impossible to listen to. Definitely a problem, can't be normal.

Comment

Sorry. It should be up to the job.Apart from substituting a temporary aerial for testing I cant think of anything else. But its probably not worth buying one specially.
                      Others may be able help further. Good luck

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Working...
                        X