Sun Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Sun Visor

Little problem I have with my Corsa C. I'm too short and the sun visor is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. It's a shame the Corsa's seat doesn't adjust up, only tilts forward a bit - it helps a little.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem as it's murder having the sun full in the eyes, especially early morning or in the evening please?

The seat doesn't adjust up? Little lever on the left.

Could always sit on something to lift you up a little

Comment

Should adjust up? You need to take your weight of it for it to go up

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
        Should adjust up? You need to take your weight of it for it to go up
        I thought that too but it only tilts forward raising the back of the seat (the bit you sit on) by about an inch. It does help a bit but still not much good. Believe later Corsas go up properly. I'm used to the driving position now except that the visor isn't really much good unless the sun is quite high.

Had a look on the internet for extenders and there are a few but they are clumsy and not really that good.

Have ideas on how to make an extender myself - I only really need to extend it by 1 1/2 - 2 inches. Just need to find something to make it with. If I'm successful, I'll post pics probably at the weekend.

Comment

I imagine you could buy sun visors from a different car that have different dimensions and fit them with a bit of work. I couldn't give you any idea of ones to try but maybe you could go to a scrapyard and measure some up from different cars to see what might work for you? It might look better than extending your existing ones...

Or have you considered just sitting on a cushion?
          TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

You can buy visors that clip onto yours, which makes it double the size.

Could also sit on a cushion
            Could fit a frame from a Corsa with adjustable height should be a lever on front left of drivers seat though?

Comment

sun glasses
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                You can buy visors that clip onto yours, which makes it double the size.

Could also sit on a cushion
                Could fit a frame from a Corsa with adjustable height should be a lever on front left of drivers seat though?
                Had a look at the clip ones - Amazon have got them but they are clumsy and basically just tinted perspex on a couple of thick elastic bands. I have a better idea and at the weekend I'm going to try it out - I have the perfect thing to make it with - shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

Sitting on cushions is not practical. Used to have to do that years ago when there was no adjustment in a seat and always ended up with an aching back.

I did find the lever but as I said, it only tilts the seat up a bit. I don't have a problem with the driving position - in fact, that's quite comfortable, it's just that the visors on the Corsa seem to be quite shallow.

Sunspecs are not really an option either although I do have a pair of clip-ons - not pretty but serviceable, but taking them off and on isn't practical when you're driving and need your specs to see where you're going. Getting a pair of prescription sunspecs at the moment are not an option either (lack of finances) as I wear varifocals and they are b****y expensive.

I'll try my idea out at the weekend and let you know if it works.

Comment

Last edited by Bugman; 10-03-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Streetwize Universal Clip-on Sun Visor

Towsure stuff is usually pretty OK
                    Last edited by Taurus; 09-03-2016, 04:39 PM.
                    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
                    X