1999 Corsa B Bonnet release lever/handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] 1999 Corsa B Bonnet release lever/handle

Just looking for a little help please with my bonnet release lever on my 1999 Corsa B.

I have recently bought a new bonnet cable and lever after the old ones breaking, but I am having trouble attaching the lever/handle to the kick panel inside the car, I seem to think there is something missing which I need to be able to click it all into place, I have already been to my local Vauxhall garage and explained the situation and they have told me the lever/handle should just slot in to the panel inside the car but I am really struggling to understand how.

Any help would be appreciated as my car goes for an MOT in the next couple of weeks, thanks.

"A picture is worth a thousand words." Try and post clear photos of the part you have and where its should fix. Those who know the corsa b will be able to confirm its the right part and complete and it will help them describe how to fit it. And even those like me who have never owned a B may also be able to help .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0426.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	110584

Assumed it was supposed to slot into the part on the panel there, but the parts on the handle are too large.

Comment

Thanks. Sorry I cant help much. There is nothing obvious and I dont have a car to compare it to. (Even my D is 1500 miles way at the moment .) Are you sure the slot is not just to give access to a fixing behind when the panel is in place? Maybe a bolt goes through the larger hole on the back plate,through the slot and into a threaded fitting on the car.But one bolt wouldnt be very good at stopping the fitting from twisting unless there is something on the back of it that locks into the slot. The slot looks a bit small and flimsy to be the sole fixing,although you can never tell these days.

Comment

The larger hole is for the bolt to screw it all back into place inside the car so I know I can eliminate that part, but the 2 smaller holes and the slot I haven't got a clue, these haven't been used to secure the panel back into place or anything so I seem to think there is a part missing which fixes to the panel using either the slot or holes or maybe both, then the handle connects to that somehow. The handle was broke when I bought the car last year so I have very little to compare it to, but thank you anyways.

Comment

That handle is facing the wrong way? Is that yours or a pic off google?

Comment

That's a picture of mine, took a picture of the back of it as I was told by Vauxhall it's those groves on the back of the handle that attach to the panel on the car.

Comment

From memory. I'm sure it's the lower hole, and only uses that hole.
                It kinda pushes in, then slides down to lock it in place.

Top right is a screw hole.smaller top ones are non standard holes

Comment

I meant the big hole on the lever fitting itself, not the ones on the kick panel. On your photo follow the line of the slot, its about a slot length to the left,half hidden in shadow. (if that makes sense)

Comment

That's what Vauxhall had told me, but the slot is a good couple of centimeters too short for the groves and the groves are also too wide, might just have to improvise and stick a couple of bolts in it and see how that goes. Thankyou.

Comment

Are you are you've been give the correct handle?

Comment

It's identical to the broken one I already have in the car so I pressume so, that's the first thing I checked when I realised it wouldn't fit.

Comment

Got it sorted, we eventually managed to track one down in a scrap yard that had one working, it doesn't even clip on to the kick panel after all, there's a metal bracket above it somewhere that the handle slots in to.

Comment

Damn it, I was going from memory haha!

Glad it's sorted for you

Comment

Working...
                            X