Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa D Speaker Upgrade

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my front door speakers (possible the rear ones too) in my Corsa D (64plate) 5 door.

Ive already got a sub with a built in Amp wired to the car (a FLI one) with a pioneer head unit (it works great!)

are they worth anything? and also i was looking at getting some FLI speakers (Coaxial)for the back. if im right the back ones are 13cm (5 inch)

any advice of feedback would be great

Yeah do the back ones too, it would sound stupid if you replace the front and not the back one cause all the bass and decent sound quality will be at the front, I have done in mine the sound quality is miles better and I'm only running on the factory headunit
    And yeah that's right they are 13cm in the rear

Comment

Originally posted by .tim2701. View Post
      Yeah do the back ones too, it would sound stupid if you replace the front and not the back one cause all the bass and decent sound quality will be at the front, I have done in mine the sound quality is miles better and I'm only running on the factory headunit
      And yeah that's right they are 13cm in the rear

Do i need any adapters to make the speakers fit? i got some 13cm (5Inch) Fli speakers, they would fit in the rear wouldnt they? without any adapters?

The front ones i seen are 6.5" inch, would i need an adapter for these?

Also is there a manual any where of how to take the door panel of to replace the speakers?

Comment

Both front and rear speakers will need adapters some people say they don't need them but you really do especially if you want to do it properly anyway
        Best place to go for adapters is one of the following
        Car audio direct, car audio centre there's another good one but I can't remember the best one for me is car audio direct

And with the door card there should be torqs one behind the Gloss black door pull trim, one at the bottom of the door, one at the bottom towards to back of the door card and there might be one more I can't remember off hand and once you have undone them all you will just have to pull .. The way I've found is easiest is pull from the bottom ... just be careful to unclip the tweeter and the lock you will see it as soon as the door card falls off in your hands after tugging on it

Comment

Originally posted by .tim2701. View Post
          Both front and rear speakers will need adapters some people say they don't need them but you really do especially if you want to do it properly anyway
          Best place to go for adapters is one of the following
          Car audio direct, car audio centre there's another good one but I can't remember the best one for me is car audio direct

And with the door card there should be torqs one behind the Gloss black door pull trim, one at the bottom of the door, one at the bottom towards to back of the door card and there might be one more I can't remember off hand and once you have undone them all you will just have to pull .. The way I've found is easiest is pull from the bottom ... just be careful to unclip the tweeter and the lock you will see it as soon as the door card falls off in your hands after tugging on it
          Thanks alot for your help mate, im going to give this a try on Saturday, silly question, what adapters do i need? i seen some in halfords, would they fit? im guessing they are not the same adapters for front and rear as they are not the same size? in terms of cables, i dont need any adapters for this do i?

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X