Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Bucket Seat Subframes

Hi Guys,

I've pretty much finalised the bucket seats I am after but unfortunately I don't know much when it comes to working out what to do with the subframes.

Realistically the passenger seat can be fixed in place with the basic ally mounts the seats come with, but I'd like the drivers seat to be able to slide forwards and back but would I be able to use the standard seat subframe or would I have to pay out for a custom subframe? I

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Sam_Sri View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've pretty much finalised the bucket seats I am after but unfortunately I don't know much when it comes to working out what to do with the subframes.

Realistically the passenger seat can be fixed in place with the basic ally mounts the seats come with, but I'd like the drivers seat to be able to slide forwards and back but would I be able to use the standard seat subframe or would I have to pay out for a custom subframe? I

Thanks in advance!
    it all depends on the fixing holes dimensions. when i got them for my corsa i was luck enough to get away with drilling two extra holes in the original frames. on the fiesta i have some adapter bars from gsm sport seats they were about 25 quid basically a water jet cut piece of 5mm steel with a variation of holes in the alow you to bolt the original frames to the new seats

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sam_Sri View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!
    it all depends on the fixing holes dimensions. when i got them for my corsa i was luck enough to get away with drilling two extra holes in the original frames. on the fiesta i have some adapter bars from gsm sport seats they were about 25 quid basically a water jet cut piece of 5mm steel with a variation of holes in the alow you to bolt the original frames to the new seats
    Take a look, Its old and rusty[URL="http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/182-zetec-powered-mk1-fiesta.html"]
    http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/182-zetec-powered-mk1-fiesta.html[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by small9918 View Post
      Okay that sounds good thanks! I'm buying the seats from GSM so I'll ask for the bolt hole dimensions, guessing the buckets have mounting points on the side and bottom of them? Did you not find the seat sat too high with the original frame being used? And I'm guessing this is still safe drilling out the standard subframe for new mounting points?

Comment

If there are any doubts about the security of the drivers seat it can be an MOT fail.Lower standards may be acceptable for the passenger side. If you need to make or buy adapter brackets, drill extra holes etc it needs to look workmanlike and as strong as the original. So dont try and scrimp by using thin metal,smaller bolt sizes,pop rivets etc. You cant generalise on whether its safe to drill a hole. Judge by existing holes and piercings. If you can drill a hole that roughly reproduces an existing one, and doesnt go too close to other holes or the edge of the metal you should be ok. Be careful if the frame is still in the car. You wouldnt be the first to burst through,pierce the floor and damage stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X