X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Water Getting into/under Spare Wheel Compartment

Hey there,

I have a Vauxhall Corsa 2008 SXI.
    I have had the car for a year now and beneath the spare wheel - a large amount of water collects when it rains. The 'boot carpet', parcel shelf and sides of the spare wheel compartment all remain dry and I cannot spot signs of a leak. The water is 'clean' with no visible dirt in it suggesting that it is not coming off the wheels in any way.

Does anybody know what might be the root cause of the problem?
    As any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pictures HERE and HERE

Thanks!

Does it have a sunroof?
    I know on some cars the water drains from them can clog up, and water leaks into the cabin.
    Or could it be the rear screen washer?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      Does it have a sunroof?
      I know on some cars the water drains from them can clog up, and water leaks into the cabin.
      Or could it be the rear screen washer?
      Thanks for the reply

The screen wash does not seem to be the problem. And No it does not have a sunroof and not sure if the roof rack seals are leaking. We're gonna shower the car with the hosepipe tomorrow to see if it leaks anywhere.

Where could the water drains be found?

Comment

Not sure. Usually through the roof rails to the boot I think.

As you say, get the hosepipe out and have a look. Jump in the boot and get someone else to spray till you see something if need be!

Comment

I'd be checking rear light seals

Comment

Good call. Just a couple of plastic nuts inside the boot I seem to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
              I'd be checking rear light seals
              Thanks will check those too. That was a big problem on my Peugeot 106

Comment

Hi. Have had exactly the same problem with my daughter's car (2008 3-door 1.2 Active) - damp musty smell in the car and heavy misting. Eventually found significant water in the spare wheel well. Thought initially it was coming in around the rear lights but sealing them did not help. Since then have used some silicone sealant around the rubber bush of the rear wiper - and bingo; completely dry since!

Comment

Working...
                X