paint repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Non Corsa] paint repair

Some numpty has scuffed my bumper, taking all the paint off, down to the bare plastic. The main bit is smaller than a 5p piece.

What would be the best method for repairing?
    Originally posted by Vegas
    When I hit boost me fuel runs out

Best? Re spray whole thing

Comment

Good point. What would be the most practical method that I could do at home?

Comment

Put a sticker over it

Comment

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Sand smooth and paint.

There are no other options really. If it needs paint, you ever pay somebody else or do yourself. Ideally you'd take bumper off, but not sure what car it is or how difficult it is.

Then sand around the area try and make it smooth as possible then blend in, with fresh paint

Comment

As vegas says the only real options are painting, or if the location is suitable covering it over with something else. A 'tow' sticker maybe or an accessory/trim of some kind. Parking sensors, led's or whatever.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. Paint it is, I doubt my mum wants to sticker her car up!

Comment

For small areas I use an airbrush, you can get quite a good finish if you're careful.
                  1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
                  X