interior instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] interior instruments

Just bought a 2012 corsa,cant figure out what the protrusion is above the computer screen going back towards windscreen this has been pushed down by previouse owner so I don't know what it could be hope this makes sense can anyone help out

I am not 100% sure where you mean, but it might be the sun sensor, a little sensor that detects how much sun is coming through the windscreen so it can make automatic changes to the climate control airflow.

On cars without climate control it's just a dummy IIRC

Is it the bit in the middle of number 2 on this pic?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	corsa-d-1217.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	125163
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Thanks for your reply--Picture number 2 is correct glad to know what it is--is there a way to push it back up as it has been pushed it to the recess

Comment

Can confirm it is a sensor for cars with automatic climate control, and just a dummy for those without.

The grill is quite easy to remove.You just put something in the join and lever it out. The best 'tool' to use is an old plastic credit card or similar. To minimise the chances of damage dont use a metal tool, and avoid either very hot weather when the plastic may be soft, or very cold when it may be brittle.

You can see it done at about 30 seconds into this you tube video.

The 'knob' probably clips into place,but if necessary you could glue it in place ,using suitable glue that wont melt in hot weather.
        Last edited by Bugman; 03-07-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X