Corsa D noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Corsa D noise

Hi, anyone else with a Corsa D experienced an annoying vibration sound from somewhere behind the steering wheel. Its possibly around air vent to the right as you look at the steering wheel. I've played with the vent but no joy. Only happens in low gear when going slowly but accelerating. Its diificult to fault find because I'm obviously driving - I can't recreate it at stand still.

These things can be so annoying. I am assuming you havnt recently dismantled anything on the dashboard.

The only thing I can suggest is to physically brace possible sources that you cannot reach and press on yourself whilst driving to see if the noise stops, or changes .Do it one thing at a time with a test drive until you identify the source and can do a proper fix.

Things like stuffing a cloth in the vent slats to see if it stops them rattling , jamming something in the joint gap between plastic dashboard panels , manipulating air trunking etc under the dashboard , or if that doesnt work try bracing them with cloths, rubber bands etc. Open and close things, switch them on and off, point them in a different direction. Anything at all you think could move even slightly.

Could be a leaf or something stuck in the air trunking, but thats less likely if it resonates with the pulling away.

Comment

Hi Bugman, are you the only person in here? lol

No, I haven't done anything to the car. I can actually recreate the vibration around 13-1500 rpm at stand still. Air vent area definitely. But hey, no biggie, 1st world problem, I'll turn the radio up.

Comment

Originally posted by JimCorsa View Post
        Hi Bugman, are you the only person in here? lol
        Bugman is everywhere
        TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Dash it all I'm not a fan myself.. Vent your frustrations. Maybe it will blow over, but i'm not feeling the vibes. I'm glad its not getting you too rattled

if it cant be fixed with a thump, a good shaking, or a small squirt of silicon lubricant I'm out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
            Dash it all I'm not a fan myself.. Vent your frustrations. Maybe it will blow over, but i'm not feeling the vibes. I'm glad its not getting you too rattled

if it cant be fixed with a thump, a good shaking, or a small squirt of silicon lubricant I'm out of ideas.

Comment

Vibrations are usually best left, taking things apart might fix the original rattle, but usually add 2 more. Does the car have an aftermarket stereo? If so it might be worth checking the cabling isn't loose - I had that in a car once and just ran felt tape around the cables to stop the noise
              TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Nah, built in radio system. It's nothing really - if someone comes up with a quick fix fan but otherwise life goes on

Comment

*fab (not fan).

Comment

Working...
                  X