Corsa D BHP and logo removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Corsa D BHP and logo removal

Hi, firstly I have a 13 plate (registered Jan 14) 1.4 16v Excite - is it a Corsa D? I wouldn't mind knowing the BHP if anyone has a clue?

Any tips on removing the Excite badge from the side panel please?

Any help much appreciated. Cheers

If the front grill is mostly chrome ,the same height as the headlights, and the bonnet reaches the grill its a D . If the grill is mostly black, at a lower height than the headights, and the bonnet does not reach the grill its an E.

My tip is to leave the badges on. When you come to sell the car potential buyers will probably have looked at others and will wonder why the badges are missing on yours.. They may assume the badges were left off after front end crash repairs or a clue that the car was owned by an enthusiast (aka "Boy Racer") .Some will walk away without bothering to find out the truth. And anything that makes a car potentially less easy to sell will lower its appeal to the trade and therefore its value.

Comment

Cheers, a D it is. I doubt I'll sell it, I tend to keep cars til they die.

Comment

OK. It probably wont make much difference once the car is older.

I dont know how the badge is fitted but if its a solid thing these are often glued on using 3M car trim mounting tape.

If so the badge will sit slightly proud of the paintwork due to the tapes rubber core. Use some strong thread to 'saw' through this rubber core . Take care to avoid damaging the paintwork. You are left with some glue and rubber core still on the paintwork which can be removed with care, and possibly the help of a suitable solvent.

If the badges come off undamaged you could keep them in the glove box with the option of refitting them at a later date when the car is sold.

Comment

Cheers fella

Comment

Originally posted by JimCorsa View Post
            I wouldn't mind knowing the BHP if anyone has a clue?
            Most likely to be the 99 bhp/100 bhp variant (they're both the same).

You can plug your reg in at Total Car Check - The lowest cost car check in the UK - £1.99 for free and when you scroll down it will give you some car details along with a bhp figure.

Comment

Originally posted by tahmid View Post

Most likely to be the 99 bhp/100 bhp variant (they're both the same).

You can plug your reg in at Total Car Check - The lowest cost car check in the UK - £1.99 for free and when you scroll down it will give you some car details along with a bhp figure.
              Thanks very much.

Comment

As an alternative to strong sewing thread dental floss also works well. The method works best with rubber cored double sided mounting tape but might also work if a thinner, single layer glue patch has been used. But in this case you will be sawing through glue, which will probably drag and bind quite a lot on the 'saw' and more chance of damaging the paintwork.

Comment

OK, I might just leave it on!!

Comment

always use Check Car Details - Free Vehicle Check for car check in the uk

Comment

Working...
                    X