What is this badge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] What is this badge?

Ok guys need some help with this clearly i am a bit of a mad head when it comes to corsas but anyway I have got a corsa c 05 plate I have had about 9 corsas in the last 5 years just because I can haha but I have never seen this badge on one I have been told from another person that it is a rare corsa and that only 500 of these have been made however I would rather get other people opinion as well, it is an original badge on the car both sides but I have no idea what it stands for any help would be appreciated thanks and I apologise for the poor pic quality I took the picture through a friends window

Whats the Reg dude?
    Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Yh05 unu is the ref of the car

Comment

It's a Corsa Breeze

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190608-092447_TotalCarCheck.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	122747

Definitely not 1 of 500

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190608-092530_Chrome.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	122748

Sorry dude
        Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

That was simply the badge for the Breeze model back then so very common as Michael suggests, sorry! Here's a few examples of the Breeze on eBay that also have that badge:

Vauxhall Corsa breeze 2005 low mileage | eBay

Vauxhall/Opel Corsa 1.2i 16v ( a/c ) 2005MY Breeze | eBay

Vauxhall Corsa 1.2i 16v ( a/c ) Breeze 3 DOOR - 2005 05-REG - MOT TIL OCTOBER 19 | eBay

2005 Vauxhall Corsa Breeze 16v 1.2 | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

I think the 'breeze' model was just a marketing initiative by vauxhall to fill a gap in the market. Back in 2005 if you wanted aircon you often had to pay for a much higher specification model than you might otherwise have chosen.
            Vauxhall would have started losing private buyers to other makes who offered aircon as standard on their more basic spec models. Hence the Breeze,with aircon but not many other 'bells and whistles'. They give it a special name so it can get its own insurance group rating.

Aircon has long been available in some countries on even the most basic trim levels either as standard or a relatively low cost option. In Rip off Britain we have to pay for stuff we dont need.

If its uk market only I'd say a total of 500 sold may be about right. They would mostly have appealed to cost conscious private buyers rather than the large fleet and leasing companies, where an extra quid or two a month for more bells and whistles makes more sense.

But sadly the 'rarity' of the badge is of no value. Except maybe in 30 years time when the owner of the last remaining Corsa Breeze might pay a premium price for one to get the car back to original for a classic car show.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post

If its uk market only I'd say a total of 500 sold may be about right. They would mostly have appealed to cost conscious private buyers rather than the large fleet and leasing companies, where an extra quid or two a month for more bells and whistles makes more sense.
              That 2nd image I posted is just the UK market.

I had a Corsa B Breeze, no A/C in that bad boy, and definitely not rare by any means
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Ah, sorry.My bad. I had assumed the 'breeze' name related to an A/C option.Breezy airflow and all that. I suppose GM chose it for its other meaning - lighthearted and easy. I'm guessing that decision was made at their German HQ Like the Coach company I recently saw in Croatia - "Ga Ga tours" , or the Bulgarian cosmetics company called Rubella.

So defo not rare , but its sometimes surprising how few of a particular variant might be made. Some brands now offer so many variations that is unusual for two to be identical.

Comment

Working...
                X