Wet footwells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] Wet footwells

Hi all. The missus has an opel corsa c. The footwells are wet after a good rain and the car stinks. We took out the brake booster and scraped our the old seal de-greased it and cleaned it. We used UPOL tiger seal to seal the old seal bed and I sealed around where the master cyl goes into the brake booster i think we did a very tidy job of it. spend ages drying out the carpets with a heat gun but this morning the carpets were wet again. Not as bad but still wet. Is there another ingress point? or did we just not seal it well enough

Any ideas ?

Comment

Hi Welcome to the forum.
      Sorry I didnt spot this post first time round. Too much christmas cheer maybe. Joshorch posted a similar problem on 4 dec 2018 and I can only repeat my reply then (although I dont know if it helped him at all).
      . Wet footwells are a common problem on the Corsa C ,and the sealing around the brake servo the usual suspect. I can only suggest checking that the drain holes in the scuttle area between the engine compartment and windscreen are not blocked with leaves etc. If rainwater is not able to drain away quickly enough its more likely to form pools and find new ways in. Also check the drain holes in the bottom of the doors.are not blocked by poking a piece of stiff wire through.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
        Hi Welcome to the forum.
        Sorry I didnt spot this post first time round. Too much christmas cheer maybe. Joshorch posted a similar problem on 4 dec 2018 and I can only repeat my reply then (although I dont know if it helped him at all).
        . Wet footwells are a common problem on the Corsa C ,and the sealing around the brake servo the usual suspect. I can only suggest checking that the drain holes in the scuttle area between the engine compartment and windscreen are not blocked with leaves etc. If rainwater is not able to drain away quickly enough its more likely to form pools and find new ways in. Also check the drain holes in the bottom of the doors.are not blocked by poking a piece of stiff wire through.
        Yes we cleaned the drains before we sealed the brake booster. will check the drains on the doors. Dam brake lights are stuck on now it never ends

Comment

I dont envy you the problem. The only other thing I can suggest is get the car as dry as possible and strip out as much as you can. Then have someone crawling around inside looking for leaks using dry fingers etc while someone gives the car a good soaking with a hose. Hopefully you will trace the source before the carpets get wet again. Problem is the water may be getting in some distance from where it eventually ends up and it may travel along carpet and fabrics by wicking.

Comment

This mite help you out

Comment

Hi had the same problem on a Corsa c, sealed all around the bulk head, got the carpet cleaner out and sucked up loads of water but next day carpets wet ended up lifting the carpet up
              as far as possible and cutting out the sponge sound proofing it was full of water took a couple days to dry completely but stuck it all back and so far so good. and yes had the same problem with brake light took switch out bit of WD40 fitted back and all ok.

Comment

Working...
              X