No announcement yet.

How do I find the Paint Code !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] How do I find the Paint Code !!

Hi

I need to buy some touch up paint for my 2008 Vauxhall Corsa Active 1.2 but cannot find the code displayed anywhere on the car. tried all the usual places such as door edges/glove compartment/under bonnet/boot...even the handbook !

Cannnot even find a sticker that shows tyre pressures so although I do not need THAT info, its usually displayed so am wondering if there was a sticker that has been removed. If that should be the case, any ideas how I find the code? The Registration Document merely says "Red" but I believe it would have a more explicit description than that when ordering.

Thanks

Derek

Originally posted by Otrabrit View Post
    Hi

I need to buy some touch up paint for my 2008 Vauxhall Corsa Active 1.2 but cannot find the code displayed anywhere on the car. tried all the usual places such as door edges/glove compartment/under bonnet/boot...even the handbook !

Cannnot even find a sticker that shows tyre pressures so although I do not need THAT info, its usually displayed so am wondering if there was a sticker that has been removed. If that should be the case, any ideas how I find the code? The Registration Document merely says "Red" but I believe it would have a more explicit description than that when ordering.

Thanks

Derek
    It should be on your VIN plate, this might help: How To... Find my Vauxhall Paint Code | Official Vauxhall Store
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Thanks for that info and yes I've found the code and ordered/received the paint.

I have another question (non paint related !) but cannot find how to post as a new topic. I'm sure I'm suffering advanced brain-fade!

I noticed this morning in light rain that there is an audible "grumble" when operating the front wipers in any of their modes i.e. fast, slow and intermittent. Its not a grinding, more muffled than that and it doesn't happen with the rear wiper. Its NOT the wiper blades which were fitted new just a month ago and clear the screen well.

Am hopelessly non-technically minded but wondered if its a sign of a fault developing with the windscreen wiper MOTOR ? Checking online it seems that a GRINDING noise might be an indication but as I said, this is more a muffled grumble. It seems to be from immediately in front of me when in drivers seat.

Does the rear wiper have a separate motor?

If it is a new motor needed, are they expensive to fit?

Appreciate any input.

Meanwhile y'all have a good Christmas and a happy and healthy 2019.

Comment

Thanks for that info and yes I've found the code and ordered/received the paint.

I have another question (non paint related !) but cannot find how to post as a new topic. I'm sure I'm suffering advanced brain-fade!

I noticed this morning in light rain that there is an audible "grumble" when operating the front wipers in any of their modes i.e. fast, slow and intermittent. Its not a grinding, more muffled than that and it doesn't happen with the rear wiper. Its NOT the wiper blades which were fitted new just a month ago and clear the screen well.

Am hopelessly non-technically minded but wondered if its a sign of a fault developing with the windscreen wiper MOTOR ? Checking online it seems that a GRINDING noise might be an indication but as I said, this is more a muffled grumble. It seems to be from immediately in front of me when in drivers seat.

Does the rear wiper have a separate motor?

If it is a new motor needed, are they expensive to fit?

Appreciate any input.

Meanwhile y'all have a good Christmas and a happy and healthy 2019.
        Might be worth posting a new thread, as some people might not be looking at paint code threads so you might not get the help you need. I'm not very mechanical either so am of no use here

Comment

Hi

How do I post under a new thread ? I cannot see a link on the website to do so. I must be cracking up !!

Comment

Hi

How do I post under a new thread ? I cannot see a link on the website to do so. I must be cracking up !!
            This thread should help, if not let me know

How to post a thread - TheCorsa.co.uk Forums

Comment

Its OK, I just sorted out how to post a new topic !!!

Comment

Working...
              X