Raising seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Raising seats

can i raise the seats on my 2007 corsa d 1.3 cdti they seem very low i'm only 5 foot tall

Have you tried the pump handle on the side of the seat to get it to its highest point?

Comment

i can't find one

Comment

I think only the higher trim levels had height adjustable seats. The best option would be to get a height adjustable seat from a higher spec car from a breakers yard. It will probably fit straight on to the same runners.

Alternatively use a good quality cushion to raise your height, and fit a good quality tailored seat cover over the top to keep it in place and looking smart. (not just the cheapo stretchy universal ones)

Or fit spacers under the seat runners. You would need to unbolt the runners from the floor, and fit some washers under them to raise the height. But a useful height rise would mean quite a lot of spacers, probably requiring new longer ,high tensile bolts tightened to the correct torque. And too much height could affect the safety dynamics. If its not safe and done to a professional standard it could fail the mot.

Comment

i think i have found the seat raiser between the seat and the centre console

Comment

Thats great. I dont think I have ever owned a car where I was sure I had found and used every switch,lever and gismo

Comment

Originally posted by donbuz View Post
              i think i have found the seat raiser between the seat and the centre console
              Usually it's on the door side, rather than the central console side, but worth having a play with all the levers the seat has

Comment

Working...
              X