Pre facelift conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Pre facelift conversion

Does anyone know if its possible to take the bumper and headlights from a pre-facelift corsa d and put them on a post-facelift? Thanks

The fixings are the same on the pre/post facelift D, so you can switch them around, bumper and lights should be all you need

Comment

Brilliant, thankyou

Comment

I had a thought last night, would the pre-facelift lights plug straight in and work since the post facelift light are laid out different and have DRL's

Comment

Can't help on that one sorry, though I am intrigued as to why you want to go to the pre-facelift?

The facelift is far more appealing
          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

I'm not sure either, to be honest I assume they'll work as your sidelights currently do but I can't be certain - I can't find anyone that has gone from facelift to pre-facelift to check!

Comment

Looking at a bulb list it says both use H7 for dipped, H1 for main and 501 for sidelights, so presumably the plugs will be the same on both cars, as the D pre-face is separate plugs for each bulb
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Ill have to give it a try and let you know, and ive personally always found the pre facelift more appealing, maybe because theres a little part of me that hates DRL's, not really sure why

Comment

Manufacturers were legally required to fit DRL's from feb 2011. If the car was registered after that date it MIGHT be a legal requirement that it is fitted with working DRL's. . And if so it MIGHT be an MOT failure. I have had a quick look but cant find the answer. If your car is pre feb 2011 it may not apply to you anyway, but its something others thinking of the same thing might need to consider.

Comment

Yeah, i suppose ill still have the old headlights and bumper tho, not too much more work considering the hids and dpf delete need to be changed back for mot too

Comment

Working...
                    X