Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] 06/07 Door Protectors

Hey guys,

Can the door protectors on the 06/07 Corsa models come off without leaving any holes? Will the body panel be flush if they are taken off?

Image attached below.

Thanks.

Originally posted by tahmid View Post
    Hey guys,

Can the door protectors on the 06/07 Corsa models come off without leaving any holes? Will the body panel be flush if they are taken off?

Image attached below.

Thanks.
    They're glued on, body should be flush underneath but you can't be sure it hasn't had any slight hits in its life causing a slight dent. Paint may also be a different shade as it won't have been affected by the elements so much (sunlight for example).

You'd probably need to heat them with a heat gun or boiling water, then try to cut the glue with fishing line or something (get the line behind and kind of use it was a saw. After the strips are removed you'll be left with the sticky stuff left behind - a bit of elbow grease and some kind of sticky stuff remover (I don't know one to recommend) should sort that though.
    TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Thanks jt.

Comment

jt999, can I confirm that the door protectors are only on the 06/07 models?

I'm looking at a second hand door, the seller says the door is from a 2010 Corsa but the doors have door protectors on them. I thought it was a 06/07 thing only.

Link: CORSA D SXI BLACK driver passenger door rear front original genuine 2007 - 2014 | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by tahmid
          jt999, can I confirm that the door protectors are only on the 06/07 models?

I'm looking at a second hand door, the seller says the door is from a 2010 Corsa but the doors have door protectors on them. I thought it was a 06/07 thing only.

Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORSA-D-S...53.m2763.l2649
          Now that's a question! To he honest I'm not sure, I did a quick Google search for 2010 Corsas and the only ones that had the strips were foreign and I couldn't be sure they were actually 2010 cars for that reason (I don't know how foreign plates show age).
          It might have been an option from Vauxhall instead of standard equipment which could explain the lack of them on newer models.

I'll do a bit more research later and will update if I find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

My 2010 Opel Corsa (registered new in Bulgaria) has no door protectors. But it is a relatively low end specification. Its possible top of the range models might have had them, or they were available as a dealer fitted option or as standard in some countries. . As JT says I think they are glued on using trim fixing tape, which is double sided sticky tape with a thin foam sandwich. You slip thread behind the trim and saw through the foam layer. Very strong sewing thread, or the thin line used for flying kites etc will probably work well.You could even try dental floss.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
              X