Dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Dashboard

Could someone tell me what this is? The grid with the button on? Its up near the windscreen. I pushed the button. It fell inside whoops!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Mossy999; 24-03-2018, 05:48 PM.

Hi welcome to the forum.

Unless I am missing something its an air vent. IIRC you can direct the air up and down and left and right using the centre of the grid, and adjust or stop the air flow using the dial knob below.

If you havnt got an owners manual you can download a pdf version for free from Vauxhall on this site Corsa Owners’ Manuals | Car & Van Manuals | Vauxhall

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I believe it's a sunload sensor for the air conditioning system (so it can adjust according to sunlight). Not sure if the sensor is in place for all models though so it's possible it's a blank on yours and did nothing - best try to get it out if possible and see if anything is inside it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ah, now I understand. I think JT is probably correct. I have one on my car which has manually controlled aircon. But I suspect a sun sensor would only be be required on a car with automatic climate control. But as with so many things on cars its often cheaper to fit the same wiring, controls etc to every car whether it needs it or not. Designing ,manufacturing and stock controlling variations adds cost and complexity that may be wasted if the sensor only costs a few pence anyway.

But I disagree with JT about getting it out. I dont think its a switch requiring driver control. If its an automatic sensor you dont really need to know if its there or wired in. The car either needs it or it doesnt. I would not risk damage unless there is reason to believe its faulty.

Comment

I meant get it out to see if it's attached to anything, not because it'll do any damage being down there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I thought it was the receiver for the central locking
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Working...
              X