No announcement yet.

Replaced ABS Unit now car won't start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Replaced ABS Unit now car won't start?

The spanner light on the dashboard is on constantly, this is why I can only assume it is the immobiliser and I have an OPCOM coming in a few days to see what that says but I can only imagine that would be able to resolve the issue it is is indeed the immobiliser.

Any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Patrick

Are you sure the ABS unit is plug and play and not needed to be coded. The op-com is the best tool tell you the problem

Comment

Hi, yes the ABS Unit is plug and play.

Comment

I have just noticed something very concerning. It isn't something which I have touched but there is a disconnected pipe which doesn't show signs of having any sort of clip around it as the rubber is in line new condition. i have attached 3 images to show where the one side it is connected to. Is this some sort of breather pipe or should it be connected somewhere?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	110677

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	110678

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	110679

Comment

It must be some kind of breather hose for the auto box , have a look around the back of the throttle body and see if it can reach there .
          By the way that's not going to stop the car from starting. Sure you haven't blow a fuse some where ?

Comment

So it transpires the battery was being a turd. A little charge up and it fired up. New battery on order. However I'm still confused as to the what the loose pipe is as everything is connected to the throttle body and I can't find anything obvious it might be able to reach to...

Comment

Is just a vent out breather for the auto box?

Comment

Thanks for the replies, so does that mean it is okay for the pipe to just sit out as it is, in order to vent from the auto box?

Kind Regards Patrick

Comment

Yes is the other end connected to the box ?

Comment

Working...
                  X